1. CHECK THE ELECTIVE COURSES:
Below are elective studies offered by Information Technology (English Degree Programme) & Information and Communication Technology (Finnish Degree Programme).
* CLICK THE NAME OF THE STUDY MODULE: You will get more information about the content of the study module, campus (if teaching is face-to-face), language of instruction and group ID of the schedule.
* CLICK THE NAME OF THE COURSE: The content of the course opens up. When you click the implementation from the top, implementation details will open up.
NB! CHECK the previous knowledge requirements before enrolling. Please notice that, for example, some of the courses offered by the major of IoT and Cloud Computing are meant for IoT students only.
NB! CHECK the language of instruction. Some of the courses are offered in Finnish.
* Schedules will be published in December in https://lukkarit.metropolia.fi/
* Schedules will be planned so that the courses in the same study module (eg. TIVI-ELECT1) won't overlap.
* NB! You can't find the 3rd period elective courses by using your major group ID. Search the course schedules using course code or group ID mentioned in the list below (eg. TIVI-ELECT1).
* Lessons will be held online. Teachers will inform students about the course specific teaching arrangements through course workspaces in OMA.
* First enrolment time for the courses is on 30 Nov at 08:00 - 13 Dec 2020 at 23:59.
* NB! Enrolment time is limited. Enrol on time to make sure you have a place in the course.
* Course will be cancelled if not enough students enrol for the course. If the course is cancelled, students are informed about this and they can enrol for another elective course.
* Second enrolment time is on 21 Dec at 08:00 - 10 Jan 2021.
* Enrolment for the 4th period courses is open until 7 March or until the course is full. Elective course can be cancelled if not enough students enrol for the course.
* Enrol in OMA: Student desktop / My studies / ePSP / Enrolments
* Instructions: https://wiki.metropolia.fi/display/omahallinnointi/Enrollments
Select according to specific criteria: 20 - 25 cr
Information Technology students:
* You can choose 20 credits of elective studies.
* In addition, you need to complete language studies according to your study plan, either:
a) Finnish for Foreigners 1 and 2: compulsory courses for students whose language of schooling education is not Finnish or Swedish (FFF1 and FFF2 courses are arranged during the 1st year of studies)
b) Engineering Swedish and Engineering Finnish: compulsory for students whose language of schooling education is Finnish. These courses are arranged at the same semester as electives are offered. Please check the language courses in spring semester.pdf from the folder Courses 2020-2021 in the IT - study guidance workspace in OMA. Document will be published by mid-November.
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1014||ELECTIVE STUDY MODULES (courses start in the 3rd period) :||0 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1012||Neural Networks and Software Engineering (TIVI-ELECT1)||20 cr|
|TX00DV61||Mathematics and Methods in Machine Learning and Neural Networks||5 cr|
|TX00DV62||Neural Networks for Health Technology Applications||5 cr|
|TX00CR60||C/C++ Programming||5 cr|
|TX00CR58||Database Solutions||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1010||Game Applications (TIVI-ELECT2)||15 cr|
|TX00CD89||Game Engines||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1019||Media Technology (TIVI-ELECT3)||10 cr|
|TX00EM72||Design Theories, Methods and Practices||10 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1013||Smart IoT Systems (TIVI-ELECT5)||26 cr|
|Embedded Systems, Cloud and Server Systems|
|TX00DG08||Managing Linux Systems with Embedded Perspective||5 cr|
|TX00DH58||Windows Server and HyperV||5 cr|
|TX00ED10||Amazon Web Services||5 cr|
|TX00CR92||Applied Web Application Security: Attacks and Defense||6 cr|
|TX00DP60||Cybersecurity Operations||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1018||Extensive Mathematics and Physics in Modern Technology (LUMA)||15 cr|
|TX00CR98||Extensive Mathematics and Physics I: Dynamic Phenomena||5 cr|
|TX00CR99||Extensive Mathematics and Physics II: Data and Probability||5 cr|
|TX00CS00||Extensive Mathematics and Physics III: Modelling and Simulation||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1009||ELECTIVE ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (courses start in the 4th period, except for the course Medical Product Research and Development) :||0 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1006||Health Technology||15 cr|
|TX00CR72||Medical Product Research and Development||10 cr|
|TX00DH43||Introduction to Deep Learning||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1011||Media Technology||15 cr|
|TX00DG11||3D Modelling and mixed reality applications||15 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1007||Mobile Solutions||15 cr|
|TX00CR77||Server-side Scripting Frameworks||15 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1004||Software Engineering||15 cr|
|TX00CR64||Android Programming||5 cr|
|TX00CR62||Unix/Linux Programming Platform||5 cr|
|TX00DH43||Introduction to Deep Learning||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1003||Game Applications||20 cr|
|TX00CR54||Extending Game Development Tools||5 cr|
|TX00CR53||C++ Programming, Advanced||5 cr|
|TX00DP63||Machine Learning in Games||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1001||Smart Systems||20 cr|
|TX00EM73||Software Test Automation for Embedded Systems||5 cr|
|TX00DG09||Embedded Linux Basics (Using Yocto Project)||5 cr|
|TX00DB04||Programmable Systems on Chip (PSoC) Design||5 cr|
|TX00ER39||Parametric 3D Modeling||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1002||IoT and Cloud Computing||15 cr|
|TX00DW04||Microsoft Azure||5 cr|
|TX00CS29||Next Generation Firewalls||5 cr|
|TX00EM77||Advanced Routing in Enterprise Networks||5 cr|