Mathematics for Land Surveyors I TX00ED56-3001 24.08.2020-31.12.2020 5 credits(TXH20S1)+-
Learning outcomes of the course
On completion of the course, the student has the basic mathematical and science skills needed to understand physical and chemical phenomena related to construction.
- covers typical expressions and equations appearing in physics, chemistry and other subjects related to the profession
- teaches quantities, units and unit conversions
- introduces basic concepts and properties of functions, as well as applications of functions in describing and analysing motion, for example
- prepares the students for interpreting and producing graphical presentations
- shows how to use the computer as an aid in calculations.
The specific content of the course depends on the degree programme.
The student recognizes the fundamental concepts and methods introduced in the course, and can solve simple problems.
The student can apply the fundamental concepts and methods introduced in the course to simple scientific or technical problems.
The student can apply the fundamental concepts and methods introduced in the course to more advanced scientific or technical problems.