Utilization of building information models in construction TX00DH10-3004 11.01.2021-31.05.2021 5 credits+-
Learning outcomes of the course
- is able to utilize Building Information Modelling methods and tools in construction processes.
- is able to evaluate and implement building information processes in design and construction.
- is able to manage construction projects with use of BIM models and data sets
- is able to develop critical thinking approach in BIM based projects and implement BIM execution planning.
- is able to check and validate BIM information content required for design, construction and operation phases of a project.
- is able to understand and implement BIM based collaboration approaches for construction project.
• BIM in planning
• BIM in design - architectural, structural, HVAC
• BIM in quality checking and construction coordination
• BIM in construction
• BIM in operations
• The student knows and understands different phases of a construction project.
• The student is able to learn and implement BIM tools and processes in a construction project.
• The student is familiar with utilization of BIM in construction processes.
• The student has successfully delivered the assignments and are approved.
• The student is able to describe the importance of different phases of a construction project.
• The student is able to utilize BIM tools for different phases of a construction projects
• The student is able to extract information from BIM and utilize it for construction process optimization.
• The student is able to work in collaboration with team members.
• The student is able to apply the learned skills in new and similar tasks.
• All the assignments are returned in a satisfactory manner and on time.
• In addition to the foregoing skills, the student is interested in and capable to increase the productivity and to develop new ways to complete the assignments as well as validate their solutions.
• The student is aware of current and future trends in BIM and is able to individually seek information required to stay up to date.
• Returned assignments evidence the expertise and proficiency.
Name of lecturer(s)
Mode of delivery
Language of instruction
11.01.2021 - 31.05.2021
02.12.2020 - 31.12.2020
1 - 30
Unit, in charge
School of Real Estate and Construction
Degree Programme in Sustainable Building Engineering