Geographical Information TX00BT89-3007 04.01.2021-09.05.2021 5 credits(TXH19S1)+-
Learning outcomes of the course
On completion of the course the student will
• have a good command of the basics of geoinformatics, GIS techniques and GIS programs
• understand the possibilities associated with GIS
• understand the meaning of spatial data to GIS
• understand the joint use of spatial data
The student will be able to
• use common GIS programs
• evaluate GIS quality
• locate GIS data
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Measurement and Mapping Techniques I
• Spatial and attribute information
• Coordinate systems
• Use of spatial information
• GIS software
• Basics of using the MapInfo and QGIS programs
• Spatial data collection and data management
• Geographic Information Systems and geodata
• Spatial data analysis and visualization
Student is able to use Mapinfo-and Quantum-GIS-systems, search and evaluate the quality of GIS data. Student can use SQL to do data base searches and produce thematic maps based on results. The student knows the meaning of georeferencing and knows different kind of georeferences.
Student can use SQL to retrieve data from spatial data bases and use advanced analysis tools of GIS programs.
Student can independently search geo information required, evaluate the quality of the data, use GIS tools to solve the problem given.