On completion of the course, the student will understand
- how an industrial company functions
- how to develop business in his/her own field of engineering and
- what the key success factors for an industrial company are.
The focus is on companies that have a product (physical product and/or service) that is technically demanding and on companies that sell their products to other companies.
The student will be able to describe the following functions of a company:
- leadership and management, including strategy, management system and leadership
- finance, company performance and performance measurement, including productivity and quality
- technical sales of products or services in the business to business context
- operations management
- supply chain management, including sourcing, production and logistics
- project operations