Food Product Development Project TX00BP85-3006 26.08.2019-20.12.2019 5 credits(TXM17S1, ...)+-
Learning outcomes of the course
The student knows the role of food product development in the food industry. S/he is familiar with various stages of the product development and understands the significance of the project management.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Data Analysis and Statistical Inference
1. The significance of product development in the food field. The stages of the food product development (from the idea to the product) and the project management.
2. The sense of responsibility and the ability to co-operate with other team members.
3. The documentation and reporting of the product development project
1. The student is able to describe why and how the food product development is carried out by the food industry. The student can manage the practical development work by following the obtained instructions.
2. The student is a responsible team player who is able to take the strengths of the team members into account.
3. The student can document and report the stages of the development work.
1. The student is able to express in own words why and how the food product development is carried out by the food industry. The student can choose the proper procedures for the various phases of the practical development work.
2. The student is able to act as an effective and responsible team player. The student brings out her/his own ideas, but also listens other team members’ ideas.
3. The student can see the advantages of documenting and reporting of the development work. She/he is able to make decisions and conclusions based on the information provided by the project documents.
1. The student is able to apply and critically evaluate the different phases and solutions provided by the development project.
2. As an initiative and responsible person, student is able to develop and improve the team work.
3. The student is able to report the results of the project and also, validate her/his arguments on the obtained results. The student can exploit the documented information of the development project.