· Exam material:
Pharmacotherapy: Saano, S. & Taam-Ukkonen, M. editions 2013-2018 and the latest edition 2019. Lääkehoidon käsikirja. SanomaPro.
Pharmacology: Saano, S. & Taam-Ukkonen, M. editions 2013-2018 and the latest edition 2019. Lääkehoidon käsikirja. SanomaPro. Rautava-Nurmi, Sjövall, Vaula, Vuorisalo, Westergård. 2010. 4. painos. SanomaPro. Sivut: 47-131 ja 166-196, 224-233 (123 pages). Terveysportti: CVK and Turvallinen lääkehoito -internet courses.
Terveysportti: Recommended internet courses: Lääkehaitta ja Kotihoidon lääketurvallisuus
· Flipped learning
· Mode of delivery face-to-face
· Interactive lecture
· Cooperative learning, Small group work
· Guided assigment
· Clinical laboratory teaching
· Virtual learning
· Independent study
Exam F-5, Pharmacotherapy and pharmacology exams will form a joint exam, which is evaluated as whole. Retake exams will be evaluated similarly to the initial exam.
Drug-calculations exam (pass-fail) Web-based courses and all independent course assignments (100%) Clinical laboratory teaching (100% attendance) Simulations (100% attendance)
Tuition in Finnish
01.01.2021 - 14.03.2021
30.11.2020 - 13.12.2020
20 - 80
School of Health Care
Anne Tammivuori, Jenni Tiainen, Terhi Lehtonen
Pharmacotherapy 2 contains the following parts: theory, clinical labs and simulations, pharmacology 2 lectures. Info about exam practices will be provided on orientation.
· In case of absence from the orientation it is student´s responsility to find out from peers about the practicalities of the course. In case of absence from the lectures or clinical laboratory teaching same applies.
·Clinical labs and simulations are compulsory and it is required that the student attends the teaching wearing nursing uniform and appropriate footwear. All students must follow the taught basic aseptic guidelines .
· Course content, learning assignments and assessments will support the student in national final exam for nursing students (YleSH180op).
· Previous studies/courses that must be completed before Pharmacotherapy 2: Pharmacotherapy 1 theory, clinical labs and simulations, clinical nursing and anatomy and fysiology.
Beginning of pharmacotherapy 2 studies:
Basic knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathophysiology. Basic knowledge of Pharmacotherapy.
· Recognition of prior learning (AHOT): Recognition of prior learning is only possible for those students who completed similar studies in higher education
Public Health Nursing, Degree Programme in Emergency Care, Nursing (in Finnish), Midwifery
The course is based on web-based studying, except laborations, simulation and exam. Pharmacology lectures are provided either as interactive lectures or distance learning (virtual classrooms etc.). Course exams will be completed at the campus according to general guidelines
· Time of the exam as scheduled in timetable: xx.xx.xxxx,
· Pharmacotherapy and pharmacology exams form a joint exam, that is evaluated as whole. Everyone is entitled to two retake attempts. Retake dates are announced at the orientation of the course. Exam grade could be upgraded once at the first retake exam. Enrolment to the retake exams will happen using the name of the teacher in charge of the course. Retake exam are completed as per instructions given at the orientation. Please adhere to Metropolia guidelines regarding enrolment process for the retake exams. (Instructions can be found in OMA)
· 1st Retake xx.xx.xx
·2nd Retake xx.xx.xx
Alternatively, the student may complete the course in English together with English taught group.
· 1 cr = 27 h
· The course consists of 135 hours of which the amount contact hours will be XX h (theory, clinical laboratory teaching and simulation) and independent study XX h (preparing for exam, web-based materials and learning assignments)