Planning of the Bachelor’s Thesis SX00BU40-3087 04.01.2021-14.03.2021 5 credits(SXD18S1)+-
Learning outcomes of the course
Students will recognise and be able to justify the starting points for their bachelor’s thesis from the perspective of developing their own professional field. They will be capable of effectively cooperating in various work networks and professionally discussing with industry representatives, instructors and students. Students will able to prepare a viable plan for their final project based on critical research and creative solutions. They will know how to identify and solve work-related ethical issues. Students will use English research resources to plan for their bachelor’s thesis.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Passed before course beginning:
SX00BU36 Professional Communication and IT Skills
SX00BU37 Basics of Research and Development
SX00BU38 Advanced Research and Development
- Identifying current development needs in the field
- Partnership negotiations with industry representatives, a networking work approach, peer support
- Understanding the process of the bachelor’s thesis
- Information retrieval in English and Finnish, critical evaluation of sources
- Justification of chosen working methods and practices
- Workshops in methodology, academic writing and information gathering
- Communication in R&D
- Drawing up a proposal and a viable working plan; their presentation at a seminar
- Applying for research permission and drawing up the agreement for the bachelor’s thesis
Thesis evaluation as agreed in degree programme.
Students and their teachers/tutors will go through other recommended courses in their individual study plan (ISP) discussions.