Nursing of Clients with Mental or Substance Abuse Problems SX00BN42-3101 01.01.2021-31.07.2021 5 credits(SXL19S1)+-
Learning outcomes of the course
- can encounter and maintain nursing interaction in cooperation with clients with mental health problems and substance abuse problems including their significant others in various operating environments to promote mental health and prevent problems in a resource-oriented way
- understand the impact of mental health and use of intoxicants on the wellbeing of individuals and their significant others
- can plan, implement and evaluate mental health and substance abuse nursing
- can support a client in acute crisis
- can act in multidisciplinary teams and networks.
Basic information on intoxicants and substance abuse problems (alcohol, tobacco and drugs)
Methods of mental health nursing and substance abuse nursing
Acute crisis and its treatment
Basics of the major mental health problems and psychiatric disorders
pair work, teamwork skills, partnership and networking
Evaluating competences evaluation criteria competent/intermediate level is used.