The three courses (3 x 5 ects) provide knowledge, understanding and skills to promote the health and well-being of people and communities as multidisciplinary co-operation. All these programmes developed contribute to several main future competences.
The studies cover, among others, the following questions:
- What is the promotion of health and well-being in society and what kind of approaches and means have been developed in different sectors
- How to apply and bring contemporary media and communication information and methods to health promotion practices
- What is multidisciplinary influence?
Content (Thematic issues):
- How theories and models guide the planning, implementation and evaluation of the promotion of health and well-being?
- Is the media able to influence health behavior?
- What media skills are needed in the promotion of health and well-being practices?
- What are the new ways and means of health communication?
- How to act in multidisciplinary networks?
Select according to specific criteria: 0 - 0 cr
- get to know health promotion at individual, community and society levels
- recognize national and international strategies and programs of promotion of health and well-being
- get to know contemporary methods of media and health communication and their application in health promotion practice.
- have increased knowledge and skills for promoting health and well-being in a multi-sectoral way in municipalities, organizations, companies or in the third sector
Contact: Programme Coordinator Maarit Vallinkoski
Courses can be selected individually.
|XX00DP94||Basics of Health Promotion||5 cr|
|XX00DP92||Media and communication in Health Promotion||5 cr|
|XX00DP93||Multisectoral Networking for Health Promotion||5 cr|