1. CHECK THE COURSE OFFERING OF THE ELECTIVES:
Below are elective studies offered by Information Technology (English Degree Programme) & Information and Communication Technology (Finnish Degree Programme).
* CLICK THE NAME OF THE STUDY MODULE: You will get more information about the content of the study module, teaching campus, language and group ID of the schedule.
* CLICK THE NAME OF THE COURSE: The content of the course opens up. When you click the implementation from the top, implementation details will open up.
NB! CHECK the previous knowledge requirements before enrolling! Please notice that, for example, some of the courses offered by the major of IoT and Cloud Computing are meant for IoT students only.
NB! CHECK the language of instruction! Some of the course are offered in Finnish.
* Schedules will be published sometime in December in https://lukkarit.metropolia.fi/
* Schedules will be planned so that the courses in the same study module (eg. TIVI-ELECT1) won't overlap.
* NB! you can't find the 3rd period elective courses by using your major group ID. Search the course schedules using course code or group ID (eg. TIVI-ELECT1).
* Enrolment for the courses starts on 2 Dec 2019 in OMA.
* Enrol in OMA: Student desktop / My studies / Enrolments
* Instructions: https://wiki.metropolia.fi/display/omahallinnointi/Enrollments
Select according to specific criteria: 20 - 25 cr
Information Technology students:
* you can choose minimum of 20 credits of elective studies.
* in addition, you need to complete language studies according to your study plan, either:
a) Finnish for Foreigners 1 and 2: compulsory courses for students whose language of schooling education is not Finnish or Swedish (FFF1 and FFF2 courses are arranged during the 1st year of studies)
b) Engineering Swedish and Engineering Finnish: compulsory for students whose language of schooling education is Finnish. These courses are arranged at the same semester as electives are offered. Please check the language courses in spring semester.pdf from the folder Courses 2019-2020 in the IT - study guidance workspace in OMA.
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1014||ELECTIVE STUDY MODULES (courses start in the 3rd period) :||0 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1012||Neural Networks and Software Engineering (TIVI-ELECT1)||20 cr|
|TX00DV61||Mathematics and Methods in Machine Learning and Neural Networks||5 cr|
|TX00DV62||Neural Networks for Health Technology Applications||5 cr|
|TX00CR60||C/C++ Programming||5 cr|
|TX00CR58||Database Solutions||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1010||Game Applications (TIVI-ELECT2)||15 cr|
|TX00CD87||Game Design||5 cr|
|TX00CD89||Game Engines||5 cr|
|TX00CG87||Game Project||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1015||Mobile Solutions (TIVI-ELECT3)||15 cr|
|TX00CR78||Native Application Development with iOS and Android||15 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1013||Smart Systems & IoT and Cloud Computing (TIVI-ELECT4)||36 cr|
|TX00CI61||Embedded Systems Programming||5 cr|
|TX00DG08||Managing Linux Systems with Embedded Perspective||5 cr|
|TX00CR92||Applied Web Application Security: Attacks and Defense||6 cr|
|TX00DP60||Cybersecurity Operations||5 cr|
|TX00CS29||Next Generation Firewalls||5 cr|
|TX00DH58||Windows Server and HyperV||5 cr|
|TX00DH59||Amazon Web Services||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1009||ELECTIVE ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (courses start in the 4th period, except for the course Medical Product Research and Development) :||0 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1006||Health Technology||10 cr|
|TX00CR72||Medical Product Research and Development||10 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1011||Media Technology||15 cr|
|TX00DG11||3D Modelling and mixed reality applications||15 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1007||Mobile Solutions||15 cr|
|TX00CR77||Server-side Scripting Frameworks||15 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1004||Software Engineering||10 cr|
|TX00CR64||Android Programming||5 cr|
|TX00CR62||Unix/Linux Programming Platform||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1003||Game Applications||20 cr|
|TX00CR54||Extending Game Development Tools||5 cr|
|TX00CR53||C++ Programming, Advanced||5 cr|
|TX00CR52||Game Business||5 cr|
|TX00DP63||Machine Learning in Games||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1001||Smart Systems||15 cr|
|TX00CS04||Realtime Programming for Embedded Systems||5 cr|
|TX00DG09||Embedded Linux Basics (Using Yocto Project)||5 cr|
|TX00DB04||Programmable Systems on Chip (PSoC) Design||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1002||IoT and Cloud Computing||15 cr|
|TT00AC23||Multilayer Switching (CCNP Switch)||5 cr|
|TX00DH63||Advanced Course in Server Technologies||5 cr|
|TX00DP59||Mobile Networks||5 cr|
|TIVI_VALINNAISET-1018||Extensive Mathematics and Physics in Modern Technology||15 cr|
|TX00CR98||Extensive Mathematics and Physics I: Dynamic Phenomena||5 cr|
|TX00CR99||Extensive Mathematics and Physics II: Data and Probability||5 cr|
|TX00CS00||Extensive Mathematics and Physics III: Modelling and Simulation||5 cr|