Product Design and Manufacturing TX00BQ03-3004 26.08.2019-25.10.2019 5 credits(MATPI17, ...)+-
Learning outcomes of the course
The student can define the major manufacturing methods of metal structures, chip removal and other machining methods, bending and welding. The student can present the basics of measuring techniques required in manufacturing and knows how to use measuring instruments.
The student is able to produce plane and section drawings and layout drawings by computer aided technology (CAD) following the most central rules of scaled documents. In addition, the student is able to create three dimensional models by means of 3D CAD technology.
1. Product design
2. Fundamentals of CAD technology
3. Casting techniques
4. Shaping methods of solid material
5. Chip removal and other machining methods
6. Sheet forming
1. The student can define or describe the significance of product design for manufacturing.
2. The student is able to apply CAD technology in producing scaled technical documents from given general models and create new three dimensional models.
3. The student can define from which material, by which methods and with which equipment a product should be manufactured.
4. The student can describe the machining methods.
1. The student can define a product that is simple and inexpensive.
2. The student is able to create a new scaled drawing and a three-dimensional model as well as to modify existing drawings and models by using CAD technology.
3. The student can estimate the suitability of manufacturing methods for manufacturing process.
1. The student is able to independently produce technical documents on both two and three dimensional models by using CAD technology. Additionally, the student is able to make improvements and corrections to existing models.
2. The student is able to describe the principles and equipment of manufacturing methods.