20% Face-to-face, 80% Distance learning
Literature of research and development methods, research articles of the professional area.
Student’s independent work
Students must confirm their attendance for a course implementation by being present when tuition begins or in another manner agreed with the lecturer; for example, by returning the first course assignment. Students who are unable to attend the first teaching session due to illness may also confirm their attendance by informing the lecturer of this in advance.
• The student writes the Maturity Test at the end of the thesis process, when the thesis is completed or almost completed. The maturity test is written at the exam of the course. After that, the student can write the Maturity Test at a specified re-exam. The Maturity Test is evaluated: passed/failed. The Maturity Test is evaluated by the supervisor and a Finnish teacher.
• The Thesis Project is evaluated at the end of the process on a scale 5-1. The evaluation criteria of Thesis is used.
Tuition in Finnish
22.02.2021 - 30.03.2021
30.11.2020 - 13.12.2020
0 - 30
School of Rehabilitation and Examination
Helena Stedt, Jaana Vanhanen, Ulla Marjosola, Anna Sundblom, Saila Pakarinen
The course pre-requisites: approved Thesis plan and Implementation.
The thesis evaluated numerically, when all its parts are been endorsed.
The areas and targets in the assessment of the Bachelor’s Thesis:
Professional competence and development
• significance for the profession and the connection to professional practices
• utilization of professional knowledge
• development of professional competence
• applicability in professional life.
The methods used and the results obtained
• reliablility and ethics
• validity and innovation
• the usefulness of results
• the management of the thesis process and the development work.
Communication and presentation
• structure and form
• the use of standard and professional language
• the focus, clarity and consistency of the text and expressions
• critical, analytical and reflective nature of communication
• argumentation and use of reference sources.
When the thesis is evaluated and the evaluation is documented in Oma, the students save the thesis to TurnItIn: FINALIZED REPORT.
Co-operation with the project partners.
Maturity Test (schedule).
5 cr (135 hrs)
• Self-study, work in small groups
• Accepted Reporting and Usefulness of the Thesis and Maturity Test
• Presentation of the execution in the seminar
• Oral and written opposing an execution of co-student in the seminar
• Active participation in work-shops
• Presentation and publication of a thesis.
• Active participation in 8 seminars
• Active participation in work-shops.
• Reporting Thesis project
• Work shops: tutorance for reporting and writing an abstract in English language
• Maturity test
• Evaluating Thesis process
• Publishing Thesis results in written, oral or visual format for expert audience.
• Saving the thesis to the Theseus-database
• TurnItIn: an internet-based plagiarism prevention.