The objective of the Bachelor’s Thesis is to develop and illustrate the ability of the student to apply professional skills and knowledge to the assignments related to the studies. The students learn and carry out development work when conducting the Bachelor’s Thesis at Metropolia based on researched knowledge and other evidence. Development work refers to building up one’s professional competence or professional practices.
On completion of the Bachelor’s Thesis, the students will be able to:
• identify the problematics and needs for development in the field and plan for their solutions
• use reliable and confined information from various sources in the development work
• apply professional skills and knowledge and use appropriate methods and practices for the development task
• execute a development project useful for the work life or the profession in an independent and responsible way in collaboration with others.
• communicate in different stages of the work both to the peers and to the other audiences in a clear, well argumented, and illustrative manner
• report the results of the work, assess them and bring forth proposals for improvement