Metropolia's Elective Module, Healthy Workplace 15 cr, is a student-centered study module. The knowledge and skills base of the course includes know-how that can be applied both in everyday life and working life. During the studies the student becomes familiar with workplace wellbeing, safety and diversity; considering gender and sexuality in professional contexts. The studies will enable the students to improve their work life skills.
The elective study module offers all students of Metropolia knowledge and skills for promoting workplace wellbeing and safety and for working with various client groups.
During the study module, the students have the opportunity to:
- consider how to create a workplace where every employee can feel working in a safe workplace that promotes their working ability
- create and develop new thoughts, ideas and means to promote their own wellbeing as well as wellbeing in the workplace
- strengthen the knowledge and skills related to ensuring and promoting safety in the workplace
- increase their first aid skills; it is possible to take or update the emergency first aid course EA I (SPR, Finnish Red Cross) as part of the course Help – I know what to do! – First Aid and Safety at Work (5 cr)
- consider gender and sexuality in professional contexts
Select according to specific criteria: n
The study module consists of three 5-credit courses:
Help – I know what to do! – First Aid and Safety at Work
Can I Be Me? – Gender and Sexuality in Professional Contexts
The student can also choose one of the individual 5-credit courses out of the 15-credit module.
Contact: Maarit Vallinkoski
|XX00CH60||Can I Be Me? – Gender and Sexuality in Professional Contexts||5 cr|
|XX00CH58||Help – I know what to do! – First Aid and Safety at Work||5 cr|
|XX00CH59||Workplace wellbeing||5 cr|