Orientation to Electronics and Electrical Engineering TX00CY30-3021 26.10.2020-18.12.2020 15 credits(TXD20S1)+-
Learning outcomes of the course
- After the course the student knows the basics of mechanics.
- Student is familiar with the fundamental laws of electricity and knows basic concepts and components of electrical circuits and circuit calculation methods.
- Student is familiar with vector and matrix calculus and complex numbers.
- Students are introduced to the elementary concepts of analog electronics, components and circuits. The student is able to perform simple dimensioning tasks, and he or she will learn how to use circuit simulation program.
- The student will be familiar with the basics of digital electronics, number systems, and is able to implement logic functions with basic electronic gates.
- During the course, the student will learn the project working methods and the use of measuring devices such as the multimeter and oscilloscope.
2. DC circuits
3. Fundaments of analog electronics
4. Fundaments of digital electronics
5. Vectors, matrices and complex numbers
6. Project management basics and introductory project
The student has achieved the course objectives fairly. The student will be able to identify, define and use the course subject area’s concepts and models. The student understands the criteria and principles of the expertise development. The student has completed the required learning exercises in minimum requirement level. His/her competences have developed in a way that he/she may complete the remaining studies and finally work in a suitable job position related to this field.
The student has achieved the course objectives well, even though the knowledge and skills need improvement on some areas. The student has completed the required learning exercises in good or satisfactory level. The student is able to define the course concepts and models and is able to justify the analysis. The student is able to apply their knowledge in study and work situations. The student understands the importance of expertise in the field and is able to analyze his/her own expertise.
The student has achieved the objectives of the course with excellent marks. The student master commendably the course subject area’s concepts and models. The student has completed the required learning exercises in good or excellent level. The student is able to make justified and fluent analysis and to present concrete development measures. The student is well prepared to apply their knowledge study and work situations. Students are able to analyze the expertise and the evolvement of their own expertise.
Name of lecturer(s)
Mode of delivery
Language of instruction
26.10.2020 - 18.12.2020
04.05.2020 - 30.08.2020
0 - 60
Unit, in charge
Anssi Ikonen, Heikki Valmu, Jyrki Piila, Matti Fischer, Eero Kupila