The student is able to describe how the supply chain processes and material, money and information flows of the company are integrated into the business processes of the suppliers and customers. He/she can analyze supply chain management strategies and challenges as well as apply them in business development.
The significance of information systems and technologies to effective supply chain development is understood. The student knows how to apply lean and agile management in developing business processes.
Furthermore, the student is familiar with international transportation systems and is able to compare different transportation modes and route options. He/she can measure logistics costs and apply key performance indicators of the supply chain management
- Definition of supply chain management SCM and demand chain management DCM
- Process management
- Supply chain integration and networks
- Key performance indicators of SCM
- Management of Information
- Outsourcing of logistics; International transportation
- Lean and agile management
- Managing supply chain risks
- New demands and trends in SCM (e.g. retail supply chain, green supply chain, service industries and event management, non-profit organizations and projects)
The coursework meets with several of the six criteria below. The assignment shows satisfactory performance in three or more of the criteria.
The following criteria are used for assessing the coursework (lecture involvement, discussion, written assignments and discussion leaders).
•The student shows an understanding of the relevant course content in relation to the contents of the articles, lectures and discussion.
•Student texts/presentations demonstrate an understanding of the source/article or other materials/lecture content and an ability to select, interpret and justify key messages in a grounded manner.
•The student shows interconnections between the proposed concepts and current business practice, showing abilities of reflection, evaluation and discussion.
•The student shows professional initiative, active participation and responsibility in both individual and team work.
• The student shows the ability to collect valid knowledge for his/her topic from outside the course sources by using scholarly search tools, by questioning current business practice and by practicing source critique.
•Student assignment is written in line with academic writing practice and instructions for Master’s Thesis, using the Harvard Referencing system, with references both in the text as well as reference list. The texts are written in coherent, fluent English.
The coursework meets with most of the above criteria.
Additionally the assignment shows good quality performance in three or more of the criteria or otherwise good interpretation.
The coursework meets with all the above six criteria. Additionally the assignment shows excellence in three or more of the above criteria or otherwise deviating excellence.
Name of lecturer(s)
Mode of delivery
Language of instruction
10.09.2020 - 31.12.2020
02.07.2020 - 31.07.2020
60 - 70
Unit, in charge
School of ICT
Master's Degree Programme in Industrial Management