Recommended reading for learning assignment:
- Hämäläinen ym (2017) Mielenterveyshoitotyö
- Kiviniemi ym. 2007. Minä mielenterveystyöntekijänä. Helsinki, Edita.
- Holmberg ym.2008. Tämä potilas kuuluu meille. Sairaanhoitajaliitto.
- Partanen ym. 2017 Päihdehoitotyö
Attending clinical practice orientation session is mandatory. Date of orientations sessions will be announced later.
Supervision of workplace training, individual tutorials.
Clinical practice (9 ECTS)
Written assignment (1 ECTS)
Continuous assessment, feedback from mentor.
- can search for knowledge resourcefully utilizing sources of the field and uses the knowledge base of the field
- is familiar with the knowledge base and core components of the profession
- has adequate professional skills to work in the profession
- can work in a client-oriented way
- solves professional tasks and problems
- works safely and in accordance with the ethical principles of the field
- displays competence benefitting groups or projects
- is able to evaluate personal strengths and weaknesses and development needs
Tuition in Finnish
01.08.2020 - 31.12.2020
04.05.2020 - 17.05.2020
School of Health Care
Outi Sorri, Kari Hyvärinen, Veera Korpisalo, Tina Marita Hägg-Haapanen
Mental health and substance abuse nursing fields only.
- Two clinical practices must be completed as required by the curriculum.
- Grades for previous courses must be registered.
- The student must make sure that all the prerequisite courses have been completed successfully before the beginning of the clinical practice
- If the student has not completed all the prerequisite courses, the clinical practice is postponed to a later time (and the student is referred to his/her tutor to update the individual study plan).
- To be able to start the clinical practice, the student must have completed the theoretical course Nursing of Clients with Mental Health or Substance Abuse Problems and Interaction as well as the medical calculations, or, alternatively, the student must have attended the theoretical studies without yet completing the exam.
- Absences must be compensated
- Student must follow the organization instructions regarding vaccinations and statement of infectious diseases
- If the clinical practice includes working with minors, a student must present a criminal records extract prior the clinical practice
Total hours in clinical practice 240 hours.
Learning assignment 1 credit (27 hours)
Fall semester 2020.