Common Core Studies
|Managing Research, Development and Innovation; Work Communities and Group Behavior||5|
|Creative Musicianship - Creative Teaching||5|
|Language and International Skills||5|
|Occupational Research and Development Methods||5|
Advanced Studies in Special Field
(Select 5 ECTS)
|Music Technology Skills||5|
|Skills in the Area of Specialization||5|
|Research and Development Project Implementation||20|
|Final Project Report and Maturity Test||10|
(Select 5 ECTS)
|ECTS credits per period / semester / academic year||70||35||35||17.5||17.5||17.5||17.5|
Studies of syllabus is planned so 60 credits are studied in academic year. Planned syllabus may change during studies.
Due to the timing of optional and elective courses, credit accumulation per semester / academic year may vary.
Professional Music Master's Degree Program is designed to prepare the student for effective employment in demanding music and music education development and management tasks. Music Educator (Master) and Musician (Master) are music professionals with diverse skills for continuous learning, good communication and interpersonal skills, as well as an in-depth expertise in the specific area. On the basis of work experience and interests, the student can focus on artistic, pedagogical or administrative studies.
Training is organized in the near-distance learning, and it is possibility to participate beside the work. The curriculum is drawn up on the basis of each personal development needs, as education enables flexible, customized professional improvement. Courses provide an integrated and coherent learning process. Education is carried out by expert lectures, peer groups and under guidance of experts. Appropriate adult oriented peer learning and collaborative learning is used at music education.
The general objectives of the education are:
1. Improvement of the expertise concerning musician and pedagogue tasks
2. Strengthening of management skills which is needed at a work of development of music institutions work community.
3. Implementation of the innovative learning and development projects, and supporting the development process of new or specialized areas for music education ( e.g. areas in music technology, using arts-based methods in elderly care, arts integration).
Metropolia music education Master's degree strengths are:
- Extensive experience in the development of high-quality training courses of Master´s Degree (YAMK),
- Diverse supply of music education which corresponds to the personal development needs,
- a strong pedagogical competence of an adult education,
- professional and experienced supervisors
- invocation of digital learning environments and the use of distance learning
- the continuous development of education in cooperation with the students and work life.