Advanced Professional Studies
|Service Business, Innovation and Value Creation||5|
|Customers and Business Models||5|
|Service Business in International Context||5|
|Leadership and Competence Management||5|
|Master's Thesis; Research Methodology||30|
|ECTS credits per period / semester / academic year||60||25||35||12.5||12.5||17.5||17.5|
Studies of syllabus is planned so 60 credits are studied in academic year. Planned syllabus may change during studies.
Due to the timing of optional and elective courses, credit accumulation per semester / academic year may vary.
Industrial Management Master's programme is based on Bachelor's degree in engineering. The aim is to build and improve professional competences related to understanding of the global operating environment and constructing innovative business models for service business. Case analysis is used to transfer best practice from one field to another. The one-year programme trains the participant to take the business persective to technology operation. Master's Thesis helps the company to solve a problem based on relevant company data and grounded theory. The participant studies in a multi.-cultural group, simultaneously developing team and management communication skills, aided by mentoring and peer support. The trainers are university lecturers, practical experts and doctorate level trainers. The programme serves especially the private sector, but also public sector employees.
This Industrial management Master’s program is a one-year program with 60 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits. The topics below are studied in lectures held by the leading experts, discussions led by the course participants, and team and individual work on assignments.
The overall content of the program in built on the Total Project Learning approach, which means that the courses are interrelated, interconnected, and complementary to each other.
The IM program is comprised of a set of topics, requested by companies and frequent needs analyses, latest in 2013. The reading list is updated 2013.
Key topics of the Master’s degree program in International Services Business Management:
01. Global economy and company strategic operating environment – challenge for the service business?
02. Dynamics of service business
03. Transforming an organization towards customer-focused
04. Innovation and service management ; Economics of innovation; Innovative business models
05. Collaboration, value creation and co-creation in service business
06. Towards a customer-focused organization; customer experience; service design
08. Marketing and sales in service business
09. Research and Development methods: Research design, literature review and conceptual framework; data collection and analysis; crystallization of findings; reliability and validity
10. Working across cultures
11. Offshoring and target countries
12. Mergers, acquisitions, alliances
13. Strategic management
14. Strategic planning
15. Strategy implementation
16. Company management system and business models
17. Building blocks of business; MBA terminology; Business game
18. Finance and management accounting for the business accountable person
19. Performance management (key performance indicators; quality management, metrics for partners, customers, vendors)
20. Value chain and process management (efficiency, profitability, productivity)
21. Design and delivery of profitable B2B services
22. Service Management of Business Services - management models and methods
23. Team leadership, organization leadership and self leadership; DISC analysis; Work engagement
24. Knowledge management; Competence management. Competence strategy and development
25. Learning organizations
26. Professional competence development: research and process development skills; management and team communication skills, presentation and negotiation skills