Game Engines TX00CD89-3011 21.10.2019-15.12.2019 5 credits(TVT18-PE)+-
Learning outcomes of the course
Student understands what kind of game engines and libraries are available, and thoroughly learns to use one particular engine. Student also learns basics of 2D and 3D graphics, and can manage the workflow between different tools.
• Types and architectures of game engines and game libraries
• Utilizing specific game engine, its capabilities and limitations (e.g. Unity)
• Game programming with specific engine (e.g. Unity/C#)
• Basics of 2D and 3D graphics
• Basics of 3D animation
• Workflow between different tools
• Game implementation project
Student is able to implement a simple game under supervision. He understands basics of 2D and 3D graphics.
Student is able to implement a game on his own. He understands well basics of 2D and 3D graphics.
Student is able to implement a game on his own, fully utilizing game engine capabilities. He understands basics of 2D and 3D graphics excellently.
Course includes a game implementation project.
Name of lecturer(s)
Mode of delivery
Language of instruction
Tuition in Finnish
21.10.2019 - 15.12.2019
01.01.2019 - 01.01.2019
0 - 40
Unit, in charge
(2016-2018) Information and Communications Technology (ICT)