Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
Expertise and insight for the future
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland’s largest university of applied sciences, educates the professionals of tomorrow in the fields of culture, business, health care and social services, and technology.
In the Metropolia community people and worlds meet to create insight, expertise and well-being for both the world of work and life in general.
You can count on Metropolia as a reliable partner and an innovator in higher education. Through cooperation we discover new ideas and solutions to build a better future.
Metropolia in brief
- 16,500 students
- 2,540 Bachelor’s and 330 Master’s graduates in 2015
- Staff 1,050
- 67 degree programmes - 15 of them in English
- 900 foreign degree students, nearly 90 nationalities
- Budget in 2016 EUR 98 million
- Operating premises in 20 locations
- Owned by: Helsinki 42%, Espoo 27 %, Vantaa 26%, Kirkkonummi 4%, Kauniainen 1%
- R&D&I total volume in 2013 was about EUR 9.4 million
Metropolia will be Finland's most valued university of applied sciences and the most dynamic learning environment.
- Finland’s best graduation rate to target time
- Flexible processes to enhance renewal ability
- Best teaching in Finland
- Best working place in higher education
- Sought-after partner
- Experts with new ideas in the Greater Helsinki region
- Financial independence
- High quality – our target
- Expertise – our passion
- Transparency – our operating policy
- Community spirit – our source of strength